This is the perfect snack, breakfast, or dessert for all those searching for a grain-free and vegan granola. Mix up a large batch and keep it handy. It is certainly my go-to snack when I’m looking for something flavorful and crunchy.
Primal Nut Granola
1 cup of raw cashews, chopped into large pieces
1 cup of raw almonds
1 cup of raw walnuts, chopped into large pieces
½ cup of raw pumpkin Seeds
½ cup of raw coconut meat
¼ cup of coconut oil
¼ cup of pure Vermont Maple Syrup
2 tbls of freshly ground flaxseed
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
⅛ tsp Sea Salt (I use pink Himalayan salt)
½ tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
1. Combine the cashews, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and coconut meat in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the nut mixture, and mix well.
3. In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil and maple syrup until well dissolved.
4. Add the ground flaxseed to the skillet creating a “roux”.
5. Shut the flame and add the vanilla extract.
6. Pour the nut mixture into the skillet and combine well until all the nuts have been coated.
7. Drop the mixture onto a cookie sheet and spread out into pieces. Allow to cool.
8. Storage at room temperature or refrigerator.