I love coconut milk!
I use it in everything from my morning smoothies to my favorite Coconut Curry Cauliflower Recipe.
You can purchase coconut milk at the grocery store, of course, but making it from scratch is always the way I do it! It’s simple, and delicious too!
Homemade Coconut Milk Recipe
1 1/2 cups water 7/8 cup dry unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat water, but do not bring it to a boil
- Place coconut in a blender & add 1 cup of hot water
- Blend for 2-3 minutes
- Place a colander in a bowl and line the colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth
- Pour the blended coconut mixture into the cheesecloth & twist to extract the milk, letting the milk go into the bowl
- Return the coconut pulp to the blender & add the remaining 1/2 cup of hot water
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, strain & press through the cheesecloth into the bowl
Makes about 1 cup