I’ve taken my love for coconut to a whole new level after learning how to crack one, when I was in Hawaii recently. I try to incorporate coconut into my health regime in a variety of ways. In my protein shakes, to cook my eggs, I even use it as a body moisturizer!
Here’s a recipe I love to make using homemade coconut milk.
Coconut Curry Cauliflower
1/2 cup homemade coconut milk** 1 1/2 teaspoons (or more) curry spice blend 1 head of cauliflower, cut into pieces sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425
- Whisk together the coconut milk & spice in a bowl
- Place cauliflower into a baking dish
- Pour remaining milk over top & sprinkle with sea salt
- There should be a little milk at the bottom of the pan
- The cauliflower should not be swimming in it.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cauliflower starts to brown
Serve hot & enjoy!
**Homemade Coconut Milk
1 1/2 cups water 7/8 cup dry unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat water, but do not bring it to a boil
- Place coconut in a blender & add 1 cup of hot water
- Blend for 2-3 minutes
- Place a colander in a bowl and line the colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth
- Pour the blended coconut mixture into the cheesecloth & twist to extract the milk, letting the milk go into the bowl
- Return the coconut pulp to the blender & add the remaining 1/2 cup of hot water
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, strain & press through the cheesecloth into the bowl
Makes about 1 cup