Fig Brownies are a delicious & healthy dessert treat great for, Thanksgiving Holidays, or any day!
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup dried pitted dates
½ cup raw organic cacao powder
1/3 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup coconut or almond milk
¼ cup organic coconut shreds (or flour)
5-6 dried figs
2 Tbsp. organic coconut oil
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Blend almonds in food processor until ground. Pulse in the dry ingredients (cacao, salt, and baking soda).
- Next, add the dates, figs, coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut shreds, and blend until you have a smooth batter.
- In a medium bowl, stir applesauce into the batter.
- Grease an 8×8” pan lined with foil and spread batter evenly on the foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before cutting. They’re great once cooled, but they’re best the next day from the refrigerator. They can last a week in the fridge.
MORE THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Apple Cider Margarita - No holiday is complete without a delicious seasonal cocktail.
Pomegranate Balsamic Brussels Sprouts - This cruciferous vegetable adds a pop of nutrition and flavor to any holiday meal.
The BEST Thanksgiving Stuffing - devoid of the traditional bread, this is a paleo-friendly recipe is my favorite, and really is the BEST!
Brined Turkey - I’ve brined my turkey for years. This is the recipe that works, and I’m sticking with it.