This cruciferous vegetable adds a pop of nutrition and flavor to any holiday meal.
Pomegranate Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, ends cut off and cut lengthwise
- 2 tbls ghee , melted
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss brussels sprouts in ghee, salt and pepper.
- Spread into an elongated baking dish and cook for 20 minutes. Stir and cook for another 20 minutes.
- While the sprouts are cooking, in a small sauce pot bring the pomegranate juice and balsamic vinegar to a boil.
- Boil for under 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You don’t want to over cook or you will have balsamic pomegranate candy!
- Pull the crispy sprouts from the oven and drizzle with the pomegranate sauce.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve!
MORE THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Apple Cider Margarita – No holiday is complete without a delicious seasonal cocktail.
The BEST Thanksgiving Stuffing – devoid of the traditional bread, this is a paleo-friendly recipe is my favorite, and really is the BEST!
Brined Turkey – I’ve brined my turkey for years. This is the recipe that works, and I’m sticking with it.
Fig Brownie – A delicious & healthy dessert treat great for the Holidays, or any day!